Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Update On Maggie

It has been a long time since I've done any posting on this blog.. for one... I forgot my account sign in. I swear I'm in the throws of dementia! For two.. I've been busy with my mom who broke her hip in August and I haven't had a chance to really sit down and post anything. I'll post a blog on Mom after this post because this is about Maggie!

I'm happy to say that Maggie has passed 16 weeks (4 months) and is doing GREAT! No limping, no soreness and can run and play again. Her other leg stops her from being able to jump and be strong like she used to be. I really want to fix that other leg, but the $3,500 is too much for us right now. She doesn't seem to be in any pain tho from that leg so that is good.

The one thing Lewis and I keep noticing is how twisted her right leg looks now after the surgery. The doctor said it is from being bowlegged, but it sure looks funny. He must be right but we don't like the way it looks nonetheless.

I have let her off the leash now so she can run a bit. I have to let the other three dogs out of the porch gate first.. because they run hard to the back fence. After they stop.. I let Maggie out and she runs to them.. but not at a competitive top speed. Her leg is still healing. But in January we will let her run full out and see how she does.

I must say that taking her to the office and everywhere we go has really spoiled her. She is very attached to us (and us her) and is never more then two feet from us. Even tho we knew she would be our special needs puppy.. we love her to death!

No comments: